Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let's Get Moving!

You might think by looking at me (which you can't because pictures haven't been posted yet) that exercise is something that never crosses my mind. It does, often. Just have to do it. There are so many ways to get moving that would not be boring. I am a member at Curves and have been doing better at going. I went 3 times last week and am 2 for 2 this week. I've had this membership for a long time, but have not been a good attender. A less expensive way would be getting out and walking, enjoying the fresh air. Problem here in Texas is, even though it is Sept. 21, we're still in the 90's and 50% humidity. It's a bit warm getting out in the daytime and some people, like me, don't want to venture out at night. To get around that, I use the Walk Away The Pounds DVD's. About 5-6 years ago, I lost 50lbs and my activity was working out to these videos. This morning I "walked" a mile in my livingroom. No worrying about the weather, traffic or potential robbers. These videos can be found at WalMart and on the web. The videos are positive and easy. No complicated moves and if it is something you can't do or don't have the room, continue marching in place. Heart rate is moving no matter how you move.
Another way is just doing things around the house. Saturday I didn't officially workout, but put up blinds in 3 windows. Lots of bending and stretching, (my 6'6" husband wasn't around to help)
The point is to move. Start out small and add more after a day or two. Find a buddy to be with you. There is strength and fun in numbers. So get going this evening! Don't put it off!
My only regret is that needlework is not considered aerobic activity. What a Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment